City of Meridian
Meridian, Idaho is ranked as one of the most livable communities in the nation. The violent crime rate is a fraction of the national average, the local economy is strong and unemployment low. Meridian has excellent schools, affordable homes, fun filled community events and abundant recreational opportunities. Unlimited adventure awaits in the expansive BLM and National Forest environments that surround this region.
- Population: 87,739
- Pct. With At Least a Bachelor’s Degree: 27.7%
- Amenities Per 100,000 Residents: 169.8
- The 7.4% increase in the number of jobs from 2012 through last year was much greater than the national job growth rate of 1.8% over that period.
- Over the five years through 2014, the city’s population growth rate of 28.0% was more than four times the nationwide population growth of 6.5%.
- Only 80 violent crimes were reported per 100,000 in Meridian last year, a fraction of the national violent crime rate of 366 violent crimes per 100,000 Americans.
* Source: “America’s 50 Best Cities to Live” | 24/7 Wall St. | by Evan Comen, Sam Stebbins, Michael B. Sauter, and Thomas C. Frohlich | Nov 5, 2015
“Money Magazine announced their rankings of the ‘Best Places to Live in America 2014.’ The magazine analyzed data trying to find the best places for “great jobs, strong economies, affordable homes, excellent schools, and much more.” Read Full Article
Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple This will be the Church’s fifth temple in Idaho
“Meridian, Idaho — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced Friday that the Meridian Idaho Temple groundbreaking will take place on 23 August 2014 at 11:00 a.m. MDT. The temple site is located at 7345 North Linder Road, a few blocks north of the intersection of North Linder Road and Chinden Boulevard.”